Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father,
and attend to know understanding.
Proverbs 4:1 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

A wise son maketh a glad father;
Proverbs 10:1 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Honour thy father and thy mother;
Matthew 19:19 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father,
will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish,
will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Luke 11:11 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

When I was a child, I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child;
when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
I Corinthians 13:11 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger,
but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Ephesians 6:4 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

There is nothing that moves a loving father's soul quite like his child's cry.... 

A father's thoughtfulness or thoughtlessness will be reproduced in his children.... 

The simple truth is that fathers are irreplaceable in shaping the competence and character of their children.... 

A daughter gets from her mother all the mothering stuff, but she gets from her father how she feels about her own worth.... 

The father is the priest in the home. This means standing in the presence of God for others.... 

The great man is he who does not lose his child's heart.... 

I can do one of two things. I can be president of the United States or I can be a father, I cannot possibly do both.... 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Bringing Up Father 
When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.  But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. 
~ Mark Twain ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Fathers, like mothers, are not born.
Men grow into fathers- and fathering is
a very important stage in their development."
~ David M. Gottesman. ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"It is a wise father that knows his own child."
~ William Shakespeare ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"It doesn't matter who my father was;
it matters who I remember he was."
~ Anne Sexton (1928-1974) ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"A man's children and his garden both reflect
the amount of weeding done during the growing season."
~ Author Unknown ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"I cannot think of any need in childhood
as strong as the need for a father's protection."
~ Sigmund Freud (1856-1939) ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Any man can be a Father,
but it takes someone special to be a DAD!" 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

And my favorite... 
"The most important thing a father can do
for his children is to love their mother."
~ David O. McKay, circa 1956 ~ 



Thanks For Visiting