I never saw a real cranberry,
And back then I understood
How to open both ends of the can
To scoop out for Thanksgiving, so good.


Cranberry Icon

When my folks took us out one year,
And the Greek restaurant served our dinner,
Surprised I was to find whole sauce,
Not can-shaped lines circling thinner.


Star Icon

Ah, a challenge, now that's what I like,
And began seeing them in stores,
Brought them home and cooked them,
Sour! I'd rather eat s'mores.


Cranberry Basket

Time marched on its inevitable way,
Learned to add sugar, alone,
Thought I was so smart just at this,
But, no, still had to grow to atone.


Star Icon

Now it's cranberries, nuts and oranges,
Cranberry muffins so hot.
Hardly remember those canned ones.
Hardly, but never forgot.


Cranberry Icon

~ © By Norma (Twi1ite) ~
©2001, used with permission.




Thanks For Visiting