I thought this fit, it's an excerpt of a book of poems I wrote. But it certainly deals with shopping mall horror stories.


Streets are packed, the store is full.
And when searching for a toy I had no pull.
Like the man in front of me at the mall.
He had a Elmo, a power ranger, he had it all.

Now there was no way I was remaining empty-handed.
So a right hook from my hand, on his jaw it landed.
His presents fell to the ground, and there was a mad scramble.
I knew I had to dive in and take that gamble.

Because nothing’s worse than seeing a tear.
Fall down the face of my boy right here.
I couldn’t disappoint, so I scratched and I bit.
And grabbed for the gifts, everything I could get.

As I reached for Elmo, I heard a sound.
It was a whistle and my face turned to a frown.
A silver bracelet that didn’t fit,
was slapped on my wrist, and then I was hit.

knocked unconscious and dragged away.
I awoke in a cell on Christmas Day.
So as I write this letter, here’s food for thought.
Thou shalt not steal, or at least don’t get caught.


Po - Detroit,MI April 2003




The Bible says to "make a joyful noise unto the Lord." It never said you couldn't use electric guitars.  Fantastic song


Thanks For Visiting