Here are some engaging long Halloween riddles that will challenge your thinking and entertain you:

The Haunted House Riddle
In a dark and spooky house, there are three doors. Behind one door is a treasure, behind another is a ghost, and behind the last is a vampire. You can ask one question to one of the creatures behind the doors to find out which door leads to the treasure. What question do you ask?

You ask any creature, "If I were to ask the other creature which door leads to the treasure, what would they say?" Then, choose the opposite door.



The Witch's Potion Riddle
A witch has three ingredients for her potion: a bat's wing, a spider's leg, and a drop of dragon's blood. She mixes them in a cauldron and adds a secret ingredient. If she adds the secret ingredient, the potion will turn into a powerful elixir. If she doesn't, it will explode. What is the secret ingredient?

Answer: The secret ingredient is a pinch of salt. Without it, the potion will explode.



The Mysterious Grave Riddle
In a graveyard, there are three graves. One belongs to a vampire, one to a werewolf, and one to a ghost. Each grave has a riddle inscribed on it. The vampire's riddle is about the night, the werewolf's riddle is about the moon, and the ghost's riddle is about the past. You can only solve one riddle to find out which grave is which. Which riddle do you choose to solve?

Answer: You should solve the ghost's riddle about the past, as it will give you insight into the other two creatures' histories and help you identify them.



71. Mrs. Smith had less than 20 pieces of candy left to give to trick or treaters and she wanted to give them all away. Two trick-or-treaters arrived and she wanted to share the candy evenly between them, but when she tried to do this, there was one piece left over. A third trick-or-treater arrived, so Mrs. Smith decided she would share the candy between all three of them. But when she tried to share them evenly, there was still one piece left. Finally, a fourth trick-or-treater arrived and Mrs. Smith attempted to share the candy between all four children. But she still had one piece left over! How many pieces of candy did Mrs. Smith have?
13

72. It is Halloween and your friends dare you to go into a haunted house. You creep up to the door, a little scared, wondering what is behind the door. You go in and there is a long hallway leading out into a dark musty room with three doors. You’re kind of scared once you are inside. You try to turn back, to get back outside, but when you turn around the door is closed and locked. You yell for help but there is only silence. The room is dark and you look for a light source. You see a light switch and try to turn it on. Sadly the power is out. You are terrified but have no choice but to follow the long hallway to the three doors in pitch black. Behind one door is a bottomless pit with no end. Behind another door is an electric chair which you must sit in. Behind the last door is a pool full of acid. You must go into one of the rooms. Which one should you go through?
The electric chair. Since the power is out, when you sit in the chair the electricity will have no effect on you.

73. There is a woman who goes out drinking every night. She stays out until the early morning hours but no matter how much she drinks, she never gets hungover. Her favorite drink is well-known, rarely consumed, and often served warmly directly from the source. The woman can’t live without drinking and she’s a sucker for a free drink, so she has never considered quitting. What does she drink?
She’s a vampire who drinks blood.

74. Sometimes in the dark when it’s late at night.
I like to float around and give everyone a fright.
I’m a shadow of the living, a specter of the dead.
People often fear me when they are lying in their bed.
I float, I wail, I go through walls, I like to use your sheets.
I’m also transparent, you see.
What am I?
A ghost.

75. In a hotel, a man was sleeping when he heard a knock on the door. He shifted the blanket and stepped down from the bed. He walked to the door and opened it to find a stranger standing outside. Upon opening the gate, that stranger said, “Pardon me, I must have made a mistake. I thought this was my room.” The stranger then walked the corridor and climbed down the stairs. The man closed the door and immediately called security. He asked them to arrest that stranger immediately. Why did he ask them to arrest that stranger? What made him suspicious?
The stranger said he thought the room was his. If so, he would have had the key to the room, and thus he would not have knocked.

76. Two men are walking in a graveyard. The first man walks to a grave. The second man says, “Who is in that grave?” The first man points to the grave and says, “Brothers and sisters I have none. But that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who is in the grave?
“That man’s father is my father’s son” refers to the speaker. Since he’s pointing to the grave, it means he’s in the grave.

77. There is a woman who goes out drinking every night. She stays out until the early morning hours but no matter how much she drinks, she never gets hungover. Her favorite drink is well-known, rarely consumed, and often served warmly directly from the source. The woman can’t live without drinking and she’s a sucker for a free drink, so she has never considered quitting. What does she drink?
She’s a vampire who drinks blood.

78. A young woman is attending her mother’s funeral. While there, she meets a man she has never seen before and falls in love immediately. After the funeral, she tries to find him but cannot. Several days later she kills her sister. Why does she kill her sister?
She killed her sister hoping to see this man at her sister’s funeral.

79. I have a name but it isn’t mine
You don’t think about me while in your prime
People cry when I’m in their sight
Others lie with me all day and night.
What am I?
A tombstone.

80. Two girls ate dinner together.
They both ordered iced tea.
One girl drank them very fast and had finished five in the time it took the other to drink just one.
The girl who drank one died while the other survived.
All of the drinks were poisoned.
How is that possible?
The poison was in the ice.

81. Beneath the stairs, or under the floor,
Behind the basement’s rusted door,
Lives something wrapped in ancient gloom,
That only stirs when there’s a full moon.
It doesn’t speak, it doesn’t feed—
It only waits for what it needs.
A fear. A whisper. A child’s scream …
Or maybe just your bad dream.
What am I?
A buried creature, a sleeping evil or fear itself.

82. He dresses like you, he knows your face,
He moves just right, he keeps your pace.
But look again—his smile’s too wide,
His eyes too dark, with something inside.
He lives in silver, glass and night,
But step too close—you’ll lose your light.
Who is he?
Your reflection … or something pretending to be it.

83. There’s a door in the hall that stays shut tight,
Though no one’s seen it locked at night.
Voices echo from behind the wall,
Whispers, footsteps, and soft calls.
Every house has one, you see—
A place that holds a memory.
It waits, it watches, it never sleeps …
So why does it know the secrets you keep?
What is it?
A haunted attic.

84. I sit in a window, flickering low,
When night turns cold and moonlight glows.
I burn without melting, I shine without flame,
But when you get close, I whisper your name.
Some say I guide, some say I warn—
But I’ve been glowing since the night you were born.
What am I?
A ghostly will-o’-the-wisp.

85. They walk the street at midnight sharp,
No music plays, no sounds, no harp.
They carry masks with eyes that gleam,
And move as if inside a dream.
They knock on doors, they leave no trace,
But sometimes show a familiar face.
If you watch them pass and do not speak,
They’ll leave you be… for just one week.
Who marches there with empty eyes,
Beneath the clouds and hollow skies?
A parade of spirits.



Also check out my "What's Your Ghost Story I.Q.?" section

What Did The Old Woman Tell John    What Happened Next?    What Did The Station Agent Tell Suzy's Mother?    What Did Herman See?


Script Adapted from halloween scavenger hunt
Riddles courtesy of my Original Angelcites.com website and Halloween Greetings ARCHIVED Site
Special thanks also to rd.com

Thanks For Visiting