Who Will Trick-or-Treat With Me?
~author unknown~

**The first year she was a pumpkin
and she donned a bright orange smock.
Her daddy took her trick-or-treating,
though she had not learned to walk.
**
The next year she was a bunny
and on one leg, she would hop
while her left ear stood up straight
and the right would swing and flop.
** Then a bride costume from Grandpa;
a long skirt and lacy blouse,
but she tripped over the train...
so daddy carried her to each house.
**The fourth year brought us Lion King
and she roared both day and night.
She was either "Simba" or was "Nala."
(I never could get that right!)
** The next Halloween as she got dressed,
she just kept on asking why - -
if she was indeed "Supergirl,"
why then could she not fly?
**Her sixth year, she was all in pink
protecting us all from danger,
as she kicked and "karate-chopped" the air
as "Kimberly, the Power Ranger."
beautygl.gif (1909 bytes) When she was seven, she wore a yellow gown.
She was "Beauty," to say the least,
insisting that her little sister,
by default, was the "Beast."
In my heart I knew the time would come;
and this year our walk together ends.
She said, "it's not cool for mom to go;
I want to walk with all my friends."

So, I'm figuring out what I will say;
rehearsing one excuse after another,
in case she notices the "ghost" behind her
walks a little bit like her mother!

And I still have Halloweens to come;
my other daughter is only three.
What worries me is...when she grows up,
who will trick or treat with me?

Source: Donna's Holidays and GrannyDancer's Holiday Home.

Thanks For Visiting